THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Video of Athens Training Walk..FINALLY!!

Tailgate for Tatas Slideshow!

Tuesday, August 26

Mondays with Melissa

I know...it's not Monday. In fact, it's not even Tuesday technically anymore..the clock now reads 1:15 A.M.! I'm getting ready to go to sleep and I could not stop thinking about the fact that I missed my blog on Monday. It's not guilt that keeps me typing, it's the feeling that someone might have missed that daily glance at our blog. Therefore, when God says to listen to my heart. I listen!

If you haven't already noticed, there are several fun features on our blog: I was able to FINALLY figure out how to post the slideshow from our 11 mile walk AND we have music!! Make sure to scroll down to the end of the page and listen to the song labeled "boobs." It's hilarious!

Last week was pretty un-eventful as far as training goes. I only walked 3 miles one day and that was with my 11 month son, Owen, in tow, pushing his stroller up and down hills. This leads me to wonder, should I actually count this as 6 miles? It felt like it! (Haha) Even if it doesn't, I think if I can walk with an extra load (that cries and hurls toys out onto my path) then I should definitely be ready for anything on the 3-Day, right?

This week has been different, though. Not in training, but by the reality that we just hit the 2 month mark before the big day. I spent Monday night going over our team fundraising account and looking at all that we raised by t-shirt sponsorships and fundraisers. In total, we raised close to $3,500.00! That's amazing! That money has went back to my team mates to help them toward their goal. I have decided not to take any of the fundraiser money (other than my t-shirt sponsorship) and continue on with donations from friends. I now only have $99.49 left. The outpour of support from friends, families and local businesses is amazing! Please make sure to check out their websites on the side column of our blog.

As far as our back-to-back walk, we are still trying to work it out. Schedules for 6 women are crazy!! I'll keep you posted and if it happens, don't worry, there will be more pictures!

Well, it's almost 1:30 and if I continue typing I am at risk of not making any sense at all. Off to bed I go.

Until next week...

Think pink. Live life.
Melissa

0 comments: